Wednesday, April 14, 2010

There was so much packed into today....

My morning started early this morning when I received a phone call from Rick Wilking at 8:07 am confirming that we were going to meet at the rec center today, but that is OK, I needed to get up.

So I woke up after he had called and couldn't get back to sleep for the life of me, man did it suck. Any who, I got up and showered and realized I had still had paint on from yesterday I need one of those scrubby things, but it's cool eventually I will get it all off.

This morning I was like I got an interview at 9am and then a food stamp appointment to see about getting more food stamps, cause well honestly I can't eat off of 40 dollars a month, that would make me starve, maybe the lady was trying to tell me I needed a diet, but who knows.

So I hurried out the door to the bus so I could make it downtown in time for my bus ride and for my interview and for my food stamp appointment.

Which I didn't realize that I hadn't grabbed anything to grab and eat on the bus.

So I showed up at my interview with a few minutes to spare an was talking to the staff waiting for the manager to come and speak with me.

So during the interview the person told me I really didn't have the experience to be a host at there establishment but that he liked my friendliness so if all else fails I will get a call from them.

Then I walked around downtown to the food stamp office and spoke to a wonderful and nice case manager and got approved for a bit, which will help me each month actually eat more then Ramon, hurray :)

So then I walked down to the bus stop and got on the 38 bus to head to the rec center, I try to swim a few days a week and I enjoy it overall too.

So on my way to the rec, I ended up talking to this girl named Laura who I could really need a friend and someone willing to listen to her and her problems for a few moments, so her and I got off the bus together and talked for a moment and I think she was touched that someone stop to care about her thoughts and feelings and to tell her that she was awesome just the way she is and that she shouldn't change anything about herself to please a man.

I gave her a hug and made sure she got on the bus going the right direction and continued onto the rec center.

I checked in with the staff at the rec center and was waiting for Jay the manager to come over to check in with me and Rick and all of a sudden a 6 ft 4 man, who looked like my father came walking up.

He looked at me funny and said "hi" in a tense and surprised look, it was my father and for the first time in 5 years I had actually seen him, he made a choice to not involve me in his life when I was about 20 and have sent numerous cards back to me with my first initial and last name, I mean that is pretty damn cold for a father to do to there kids, wouldn't you agree?

Anyways we spoke briefly, it was awkward but I wished him on his way and told him to have a great day, I really don't think he expected to ever see me there, but instead of me throwing punches at him or yelling at him for not being a father like he should, I think I handled if it was a "business" relationship rather then a dad/daughter. It's pretty sad I think and I really wish that my father would grow the fuck up and realize that I am an amazing daughter that he helped to create and that it's his loss that I am not in his life.

I know were not perfect but we all make mistakes and bad choices, but why hold a grudge, life continues, and you learn from the mistakes and such.

So after he left, Jay came over and checked in with me and Rick and just verified who were. I went to get goggles because I ran out the door today and forgot my towel and my goggles, one of those days, I not only forget to eat, I also forget to bring my goggles and towel. LOL

So I left Rick to chat with the manager of the rec and went and bought goggles, and then went and changed into my bathing suit, I so wanted to wear my two piece but they would have required me to wear a t-shirt over it, so the one piece always works well for just swimming.

So I get in the pool and begin swimming laps, after a few laps, Rick says "I'm really impressed at how strong you are, I wouldn't be able to do that", but I guess at this point nothing surprises him, is that a good or bad thing?

So finished my work out, Rick ended up leaving a bit before I left and I started talking to this lady because she was asking about why there was a photographer following me around and said that was cool, then she said "why do you have bruises all over my body" and I had to explain it wasn't bruises it was left over paint from a painting yesterday and she said that was different.

Also met a fantastic lifeguard in the lap pool by the name of Cory, he was a sweetheart and one of the most laid back lifeguards I had ever met, he saved two people's life that day, so bravo for him and that is why we have life guards at pools.

I headed home by bus and stopped by the store and picked up some blueberry Arizona ice tea and some goldfish, I love goldfish......

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hardratedblogs.com - Adult Blog Directory