Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Exciting Day Indeed



Today was a exciting day for me, however it did start a bit late but man I really believe I opened some eyes today on the world of big people and how one can be art.

This morning was pretty relaxed, just hung out around the house, sent my resume off to a few places, cause rent can't get paid by itself.

So anyways back to the exciting part of the day.

So I was very much impressed with the painter who showed up to paint me, from the moment I started speaking with him two days earlier, he was professional and very kind.

He showed up right on time, as well as Rick Wilking.
His blog from where he works is here, so everyone can understand finally who the hell is Rick.....
http://blogs.reuters.com/rick-wilking/

The painter was named David his model mayhem profile can be viewed here:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/891050

Let me talk a bit about David for a moment, he first stated when he arrived I was the biggest model he had ever worked with and was shocked that I had written numerous other painters and was turned down, but was happy about the opportunity.

David was a real blast to work with, he let me pick my colors and said that out of the favorites I had sent him that he would like to do it but to throw his own style with the design, which is preferred, tells a lot about an artist.

I asked him about the candy paint set and he said he would need much more time to do it, which was totally understandable. David worked at an extreme pace for body painters, at least from those who were in the room, said he was very fast for the body he was working with.

He is very passionate about the human canvas and I really hope he gets the opportunity to paint more amazing bodies and to one day own his paint shop for cars, because this boy has got talent!

Alright, so today was the second day I worked with Rick Wilking's, I really think that I inspired him that things that are positive and art can go together.

He made a comment yesterday that he had never experienced what he had experienced that day, in over 30 years of photo journalism, and what do I do to him again? The same exact thing.

During the time that we were talking he asked me why do I seek out project's like this.

I was like there is a big misconception in society today that big people can't do the same things that skinny people or average sized people do, plus I have always wanted to be painted, mixing paint and a canvas such as a women with curves, is nothing but amazing.

He stuck around for a bit and photographed me being painted, David and all of that and I really got the feeling he was very impressed by the body painter David and I think he really understood why I wanted to show a different art form and bring body painters and women/men of size to a whole new positive light.

So in 30 years, Rick got two days that he thought he would never experience or imagine in his life.

It was nice showing that not only can I have a positive attitude one day, but it's the same day in and day out.

I hope that he does a story on the world of body paint and how a person's body can be an awesome canvas for beautiful things.

I am looking forward to the rest of the week and going swimming tomorrow or Thursday and really excited about the bit, yes fat people do exercise. haha

Anyways that is my diary for the day, but all I have to say is that today again lite the fire and door for more exciting things and I hope to continue to push the envelope on what a big person can do and to break the molds of what is "accepted" in society.

Here is a few photos from today, enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Gabi, I was just so blown away with the painting on you when I 1st saw it on BBW Clubs and I just had to write you. It's beautiful on a beautiful canvas...you. Usually I don't like tattoos or artwork on ppl but you are an exception. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
hardratedblogs.com - Adult Blog Directory